I have a bad headache in the back of my head, is it safe to go to sleep?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 62 years experience
Yes: The most common cause of pain in the back of the head is muscle tension. In the absence of any neurological signs such as dimming of vision, numbness or tingling or weakness of extremities, you can lie on your back and head. if symptoms are not relieved with medications, see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Neurology 54 years experience
Don't panic: You may possess migraine genetics or perhaps a tension headache. Sleep often helps the headache to depart. See your pediatrician. One comment, if you are 13, you are too young to use this site, and your parents need to get involved.
Last updated May 28, 2015