Brooklyn, NY

I hit the back of my head on concrete i was able to get up right away. i have a slight headache in the back of my head since then which was a few hrs ago. is it safe to sleep? i had no other symptoms.

Dr. Edison McDaniels
Specializes in Neurosurgery
Not enough info: Your description is a bit vague, but if you have minimal headache, no nausea or vomiting, and you can move your neck in all directions normally and with minimal soreness, you are likely fine—without concussion or neck injury. You will likely be a bit stiff in the am. If any of these things are not true, if it seems you are having increasing symptoms, call your ER or urgent care. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jamie Hutton
Yes you can sleep: The CDC has worksheets on concussions to figure out the severity and when you are able to return to activity. To find these just go to the cdc website. According to the information you have given me you definitely have a concussion and should be at rest which does not include tv and video games it actually means sleep as much as possible to allow your brain to heal.
Last updated May 16, 2015