Brooklyn, NY

I hit the back of my head on concrete and have a headache it's been like this for a few hrs now. do i have a concussion and is it safe to sleep? noise makes the headache worse but no other symptoms

Dr. Janiece Stewart
Sports Medicine 21 years experience
Possible: Headache after a traumatic head injury is one of the symptoms of concussion. I would recommend that you go to the ER to be evaluated and make sure you do not need further testing to make sure you don't have a brain bleed that can be causing your symptoms.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 1, 2014