North Providence, Rhode Island

i think my nerv pain from a case of the shingles is starting to subside slightly. i'm going into week 2 but have had this before. is this a good sign?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
See a dermatologist: Are you sure you have shingles? Were you treated for it? You fail to give enough detail to evaluate this. Doxepin cream, lidocaine ointment, lidocaine patches, NSAID pills, gabapentin pills are among the agents used to reduce the pain. Your age, your statement that you had it before, your mention of itching, your failure to describe the rash all make me suspect you may not have shingles.
Dr. Simon Hirschl
Pathology 60 years experience
Yes looks good: You need to wait a bit longer to see that your pain is definitely subsiding.

Last updated Mar 27, 2015