U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

Had recurring thrush for 1 year. while treating my current bout have gotten a uti. which i have had before. any treatment for persistent thrush?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ghias Rana
Obstetrics and Gynecology 27 years experience
Need more history: If u r having recurring cadiadiasis and is proven by culture and exam than u need to be evaluated for diabetes. And other possible associated health problems . If u r taking certain medications possibly steroids on a chronic basis can also cause u to have candidal infection. I would recomend having seen by a ob/gyn to evaluate the underlying issues. Hope this answers your question
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 7, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.