A member asked:

I fractured the joint in my big toe i was referred to a orthopedic dr. but his office has been closed should i just go to the emergency it hurts. ?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. James Shapiro answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery

Don't go to the ER.: Call your orthopedic surgeon and get an appointment within 1 week. X-rays are needed to determined the extent of the fracture and the treatment that is needed. In the meantime, ice and elevate the foot to minimize the swelling and pain. Take tylenol (acetaminophen) for the pain. If you have to be up, keep pressure off the toe.

Answered 1/4/2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question