CO

i had a davinci robotic hysterectomy 11 months ago & still have my ovaries. i have been experiencing some bleeding after intercourse. is this normal?

Dr. Christian Assad
Cardiology 14 years experience
Difficult to answer: Depends on your age, menopause, you hormone levels from your ovaries. Even without a uterus your body still reacts a same way to hormones which would involve lubrication. If this is less than before friction could cause minor cuts or microscopic lacerations that could explain a little bit of bleeding. LITTLE BIT, if its is significant then check with your GYN. Have in mind I am a Cardiologist ;)
Dr. Peter Liehr
Dr. Peter Liehr commented
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Generally no Gynecologist likes to hear that a patient is having vaginal bleeding with a history of having had a hysterectomy. While minor trauma can occur during sex, it tends to be uncommon especially if the patient is premenopausal. The worst case scenario is that the vaginal cuff is coming apart at the suture line. You should have your GYN surgeon do an exam and confirm the cuff closure is intact before entertaining the idea of trauma.
Mar 30, 2019