TN

I have osteogenesis imperfecta and i'm 8+1 weeks pregnant. could this be a factor to cause miscarriage? is this a high risk pregnancy?

Dr. Maulik Shah
Clinical Genetics 25 years experience
Yes: Depending on the type of OI, there are a number of risks to you in pregnancy ranging from heart valve problems, aneurysms to fracture. Because connective tissue is an integral part of creating the various membranes to nurture the fetus, there can be additional risks for miscarriage and impact on fetal development. I would consider this to be a high risk pregnancy.
Last updated Jan 3, 2015