what could cause a cough and swollen gums?

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry 9 years experience
Allergy?: to may be meds of foods can cause dry cough and swollen gums , if persists see a doctor .

Is it safe to take cough remedies containing phenylephrine while pregnant?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Yes: You need to take only the recommended dose. Do not take any over-the-counter remedies that contain Aspirin or Ibuprofen or medications like them while pregnant.

Is it normal to have bloody, swollen gums in pregnancy?

Dr. Angela Savatiel
Yes: Women also have a higher incidence of pyogenic granuloma which is a bloody growth of the gums (benign). It is very important to have good dental care prior to and during pregnancy as poor dentition has been implicated as a cause of preterm labor.

My baby has a bad cough, should I be worried?

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
respiratory : If the bay looks ok (eats and sleeps well and does not have a high fever) you can wait and see but if the baby is having any kind of dificulty or she/he is very young you should call your pediatrician, keep it hydrated.

What should I do if my baby keeps coughing up lots of mucus?

Dr. Scott Katz
Call Your Doctor: Your child needs to be examined to determine the cause of their symptoms. Some possibilities include a cold, allergies, bronchitis, asthma and pneumonia. The only way to know if it is serious is for your pediatrician to examine the child.

How can you help pain and cut up gums from braces?

Dr. David Hardin
Wound care 36 years experience
Gums or inside lips?: Most hardware won't cut gums, a few rarely used attachments might. If gums are cut check with orthodontist. You might have gingivitis instead. A few rare proceedures require an incision which heals quickly. If cheeks& gums cut cover sharp area with wax and check if it can't be covered or if the area doesn't heal quickly check with orthodontist.

Last updated Dec 25, 2014