Madison, NJ

Pain to touch in arch of foot. i have flat feet and had dr scholls inserts in my shoes. could that have caused the pain and what can i do for it?

Dr. Jason Waterman
Sports Medicine 16 years experience
Might need orthotics: There are a couple causes for arch pain. If the pain started soon after putting insoles in your shoes, that may be the cause. Often, I recommend breaking in insoles a few hours per day at first. This allows your foot to get used to the insoles. If this is more of a long term problem you may suffer from plantar fasciitis or a painful flat foot, and should see an orthopedist or podiatrist to discuss
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.