U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

I have very high arches and whenever i walk, my feet roll outward. so i got orthopedic shoe inserts (walkfit platinum). my stride seems to be corrected, but the outer edges of my shoes are still wearing down. why is this? what can be done to fix it?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
The generic appliance may not have corrected the over-supination of your foot to the point it fully aligns. If the appliance has relieved your foot pain or other issues you can accept this as it is. Or you can seek out the professional skill of a podiatrist that will come up with an appliance that is specific to your needs.
Last updated Feb 1, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.