United Kingdom

My heart structurally fine on echo, mra, ecg, mri, holter monitors. is it unlikely my frequent pvcs will turn into ventricular tachycardia/death?

Dr. Linda Tao
Cardiology 37 years experience
Unlikely: With a normal heart based on all the studies you have had, PVCs are usually benign and not like to precipitate ventricular tachycardia. The caveat is that you are on diltiazem as well as amitriptyline both of which can affect the heart rhythm. Thus you should continue to have your EKG monitor. All the best to you!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 22, 2015