I got angina when i was 18 years old; now i am 22. i had stress ecg, ecg, 24 hour ecg, echo, cardiac mri, and cardiac mra done. my heart is structurally perfect. is there any point in getting any other testing done at a young age?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Daniel Weiss answered

Specializes in

Probably not: You did not say f you ever fainted or have had dizzy spells or if there is a family history of heart disease, fainting/dizzy spells, or sudden death. Absent any of those, there is likely no reason to have more tests.

Answered 9/4/2013

5.1k views

Dr. David Malpass answered

Specializes in Pediatric Cardiology

No: Chest pain is a common complaint in young people and most of the time it is not heart pain. The testing that has been performed is more than enough.

Answered 9/12/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Joseph Accurso answered

Specializes in Radiology

No: Extensive workup, especially given age. If everything is ok anatomically, and no abnormal cardiac rhythm, consider non cardiac causes.

Answered 9/28/2016

4.9k views