Kansas City, KS

I was prescribed amlodipine 10mg, lisinopril 80mg, metoprolol 100mg and maxzide (hydrocholorthiazide and triamterene) 37.5/25mg to take every morning together for my htn. is this safe?

Dr. Linda Tao
Cardiology 36 years experience
OK: these Medications are often prescribed together as a group. You should monitor your blood pressure at home to see that it is neither too high or too low. You will also benefit by having your blood electrolytes checked as these medications can change your electrolyte levels. All the best to you.
Dr. James Lin
Urology 52 years experience
Here are some ...: Apparently, you have taken almost all available kinds of anti-hypertensives for hypertension. Clinically, your doc has deemed their use necessary for your hypertension. For the sake of continuation of care, it would be most advisable to direct your Qs and possible concerns of their use to her/ her timely. Spotty online opinion may confound more than help. Best wish ...
Last updated Apr 16, 2021