i just had a cyst on my vocal cord removed wednesday. on the side where the md chipped my tooth my tongue is swollen and numb. will the swelling go down and will i get feeling back? the doctor didn't mention any of that in my post op care.

4 doctor answers
Dr. Richard Zimon
Yes: Chances are a nerve was injured during the procedure but most of the time it does recover! Be patient..... Hope this helps Dr Z
Answered on Dec 13, 2014
1
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
Chipped tooth: The sharp edge may be cutting into your tongue causing the swelling and inflammation. It may be a simple fix... have your dentist take a look.
Answered on Dec 15, 2014
Dr. Peter Karsant
38 years experience Dentistry
Cyst: Yes. See your dentist to treat the chip with a smoothing out if it is small or a filling if it is large. Your tongue will return to normal after the irritation is gone.
Answered on Dec 15, 2014
Dr. Lindsey Wolfer
42 years experience Dentistry
See your doctor: this is not normal, see your doctor to follow up
Answered on Jan 7, 2015