I had both US and MRI for lower abdomen at different offices. Doc read US said I have endometriosis. Another doc read MRI said no. Should I trust MRI?

Dr. Michael Gabor
32 years experience in Diagnostic Radiology
It is: difficult to specifically diagnose endometriosis on ultrasound because the findings overlap with other abnormalities. Also, findings can be subtle. Depending on how the MRI was performed, it is possible that subtle ultrasound findings might not be visualized on MRI. So a "normal" MRI might not negate the ultrasound findings at this point. Best course is to see your gyn to put it all together.
Answered on Dec 7, 2014
1