My SGOT is 438 and SGPT 164. Last month I took medicine and it was fine I took a normal home food and didnt drink. What can be the cause & quick cure?

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung answered
38 years experience in General Surgery
Repeat first: If your liver function tests were fine before taking a medication and it is now elevated, the first thing to do is stop that medication and repeat the liver function tests in a week or two. If the levels continue to rise, you will need to make sure that there are not other reasons, such as coincidental viral infection or other reasons, which will require blood tests and possibly ultrasound
Answered on Feb 4, 2016