A member asked:

Must i see a gynie or gp for pelvic examination?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Susan Rhoads answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Either one: If your GP does gyn exams, that's a great starting point since you already know that person, and have a trusting relationship hopefully. If problems are found that require specialist referral you can then be referred to one your doc trusts and respects. Seeing a new doctor for an exam that is so intimate is always disconcerting, so having a doc you know and like 1st takes some of the dread away.

Answered 11/27/2014



Related Questions