had a biopsy on my lump in breast and the doc said its fibroademona, doea this mean i have no cancer at all or is there a possibility i could have?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Roy Arnold
Fibroadenoma: is a benign breast tumor. For the majority there is no increased risk of cancer however some cell types can be associated with increased risk. Ask your surgeon for more information about your particular type and the risk. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!
Answered on Nov 27, 2014
1
Dr. Daniel Cabot
No cancer: Fibrocystic breast disease is NOT cancer and does NOT make you more susceptible to breast cancer, but can make a new lump from breast cancer harder to notice. So do your breast exams regularly! Keep track of exactly which lumps you have so you will notice if one lump suddenly gets larger or a new lump develops
Answered on Dec 18, 2014
3
24 years experience Psychiatry
Fibroadenoma: A simple fibroadenoma is benign and will not increase risk for breast cancer.
Answered on Nov 27, 2014
1