I have a black scab on my nipple. obvious discharge. plus the tingling and burning in left breast. i went for a mammogram and there was a mass. i had a core biopsy. they removed entire mass. but symptoms persist. does that mean cancer? or after tumor remo

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

Consult doctor: The removed mass must have been sent for examination by a pathologist. It the mass had been cancer, the pathologist would have reported that. Please consult your doctor to find out the diagnosis made by the pathologist. You also need to see your doctor for the persistent symptoms.

Answered 5/9/2015

2.9k views

Dr. Jeff Livingston answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Results?: The key here is to find out the results of the core biopsy. Until you know that no conclusions can be made. Great thing that you followed up and had the mammogram which located the mass. Contact your breast surgeon to get your results.

Answered 5/10/2015

2.9k views

Dr. Michael Gabor answered

Specializes in Diagnostic Radiology

It doesn't: necessarily mean cancer, but if your symptoms persist, it is likely that the removed mass was not responsible for the discharge. Is it bloody discharge? You may need further work up. What were the results of the biopsy?

Answered 9/20/2017

540 views