IL

I have a black scab on my nipple. obvious discharge. plus the tingling and burning in left breast. i went for a mammogram and there was a mass. i had a core biopsy. they removed entire mass. but symptoms persist. does that mean cancer? or after tumor remo

Pathology 51 years experience
Consult doctor: The removed mass must have been sent for examination by a pathologist. It the mass had been cancer, the pathologist would have reported that. Please consult your doctor to find out the diagnosis made by the pathologist. You also need to see your doctor for the persistent symptoms.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Results?: The key here is to find out the results of the core biopsy. Until you know that no conclusions can be made. Great thing that you followed up and had the mammogram which located the mass. Contact your breast surgeon to get your results.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 35 years experience
It doesn't: necessarily mean cancer, but if your symptoms persist, it is likely that the removed mass was not responsible for the discharge. Is it bloody discharge? You may need further work up. What were the results of the biopsy?
Last updated Sep 20, 2017