A 35-year-old member asked:
What is the treatment for cephalexin overdose?
1 doctor answer • 3 doctors weighed in
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Not considered toxic: Like many foreign proteins we ingest this antibiotic is essentially nontoxic. In large quantities it can certainly cause gastrointestinal problems by killing off normal beneficial bacteria but these can be replaced in short order with probiotics.
5.7k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Dec 28, 2019
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.