They say albumin is indicative of diabetes, but my glucose level is fine. so what does the high albumin mean?

Dr. Philip Kern
Endocrinology 45 years experience
Albuminuria: Albumin is a very abundant blood protein that we all have. One of the complications of diabetes is kidney disease, and an early sign of diabetic kidney disease is spilling albumin into the urine (normally there is very little albumin in the urine). The blood albumin level is not affected by diabetes unless there is severe kidney disease with a lot of albumin spillage.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.