U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old female asked:

Fell last nite&banged my left foot(ankle area)badly.it's swollen&severely painful.can barely walk.can i just apply ice&b cared 4 by bf or is dr needed?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 40 years experience
Ankle pain: If you are concerned about a fracture then you will need an x-ray. Otherwise ice and an over the counter NSAID (if you can tolerate) (like Motrin ) should help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.