ZA

i fell down the stairs and sprained my ankle last night. i quickly soaked the foot in warm water and the pain was bareable, however later on when i tried to got to bed i could not walk. the pain is worse now and the foot is very swollen and cant walk?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Ankle: You may have done more than sprain your ankle. It is important for you to see a doctor. He/she will examine the ankle and determine what happened and what needs to be done to correct the situation. Letting it go self-diagnosed or untreated isn't a good idea but there are lots of reasons to be hopeful. Peace and good health.
Neurology 52 years experience
Extent of injury: Most likely you have a severe ankle sprain/ strain, but you need to contact a doctor, get an X ray to evaluate possible fracture, and in either case, obtain a supportive ankle and foot device plus crutches. An orthopedic surgeon may well be needed. This could be handled in an ER setting.
Dr. Rowlin Lichter
Orthopedic Surgery 72 years experience
That X-ray is imperative.
Jan 21, 2021