Boston, MA

my uterus is heterogeneous and anteverted. 7.4cmx5.1 cmx3.3cm. thickness 3mm. heterogeneous myometrium without discrete abnormality. what's this mean?

Dr. Elvia Greathouse
Uterus: Really, if you are unsure, you should ask your gynecologist. Obviously there was some reason that imaging was ordered. Having said that, this could be a picture of a benign condition called adenomyosis, which is a condition of the uterus that can cause heavy periods, pelvic pain and can cause this picture on ultrasound. But I would really need to see the picture.
Dr. Lori Mcneal
Heterogeneous uterus: you do not have any discrete uterine fibroids which are benign growths of the muscle wall of the uterus but may have a condition called adenomyosis. This is when the lining of the uterus migrates into the muscle wall and can cause a soggy, boggy uterus that can cramp and bleed. At any rate, your report has nothing worrisome.