U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dallas, PA
A 34-year-old female asked about a 61-year-old male:

My dad is in severe pain from bladder surgery. could that cause his glucose to go into the 590s?! type 2 diabetic.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Internal Medicine 21 years experience
Most likely: He's got an infection. Best to call his doctor right away. If his sugar can't be controlled that's often a sign of infection and can lead to poor surgical outcomes. Call his surgeon and ask what they want you to do. It would be helpful to get a set of vital signs to relay to the doctor. Temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, respirations per minute and pain on scale of 1-10. Make haste! Call now.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 2, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.