Can you die from chf i have it real bad my chest stays hurting and i'm swollen all over i have type 2 diabetes and my father he done had 5 heart attacks he got the same thing and he had open heart surgery and they had to put stints in his heart valves and

Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Yes: Unfortunately, heart failure is very serious and progression is life threatening. There have been great strides in improving outcomes, but any effective treatment relies on patients learning about the disease and knowing how to respond to symptoms, how to effectively manage fluids, and how to make heart healthy lifestyle decisions.If the chest pain is new, head to the ED tonight.
Last updated May 3, 2015