Pell City, AL

Can i take afrin (oxymetazoline) for my stuffy nose while taking amoxcillin? or will the amoxcillin help me?

Dr. Edwin Ishoo
29 years experience
Nasal congestion: Amoxicillin is an antibiotic that may treat the bacterial infection. Afrin is a topical vasoconstrictor that decongests the nasal passage and allows effective drainage and air flow. You will need both but use Afrin only 3-4 times per day for 3 days at a time and discontinue it for at least 3 days before reusing it if needed. Keep the air you breath warm and humid to decongest your nose naturally.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 19, 2018