Cuero, TX

I tore my peroneal brevis tendon. i think it happened in pt after care from an ankle surgery. is this possible?

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 39 years experience
Hmmm: Peroneal tendons are prone to tear.They resist inversion of the foot and are used every step you take. They often become inflamed and suffer from tears (usually longitudinal). A peroneal tendon tear and its relationship to surgery and PT depends entirely of the condition requiring the surgery and and the surgery performed.
Dr. David Moats
Podiatry 36 years experience
Yes it is.: Unfortunately, physical therapy can be aggressive at times and an injury can occur. In 27 years of practice I have similar injuries occur twice, so it is rare.
Dr. Richard Zimon
I think the tear started BEFORE your therapy with the ORIGINAL injury. It is possible that the therapy resulted in "completion" of the tear but that is RARE!
Oct 18, 2014

Last updated Mar 24, 2016