U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Arab Emirates
A 23-year-old male asked:

I have a skin infection that had been going on for a while and it's getting worse, i think it's ring worm but i'm not sure.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Pediatrics 28 years experience
Hard to say: Hard to say much without more detailed history and a photo. If you think it looks like ringworm and you don't have a fever or rapidly progressing rash, try an over the counter antifungal for a week. Generic Clotrimasole will work. Continue for several weeks twice a day until clear. If at any point it worsens again, you will need to be seen. I hear great things about your health system!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 16, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.