ME

infant daughter was attacked by neighbors outside cat. it's not vaccinated. peds refuse to give rabies shot to infant. what should i do? can't findcat

Dr. Tiffanie Noonan
Rabies shot...: The rabies shot is safe to give in infants. The details of the "attack" are not known to me so I can only assume that the pediatrician does not feel it falls into the risk category where the shots should be given. If you are concerned, contact local health department about the incident (they are likely the ones who would need to administer vaccine anyway - it isn't usually stocked in peds office)