San Leandro, CA

i bit down hard, not real hard, but fairly hard 2 times top teeth over bottom teeth to check my bite. would that be enough force to dislocate my jaw?

Dr. Mansoor Jatoi
Unlikely: Unlikely, a jaw dislocation is usually extremely painful. Certain maneuvers can cause it to dislocate though. If you are not in a lot of pain, unlikely, if it continues to give you discomfort, but not extreme pain, I would just give it more time to heal. As always, close follow up with your doctor is recommended.
Dr. M Jones
Dr. M Jones answered
Dentistry 26 years experience
Jaw Pain Relief: The force needed to dislocate your jaw cannot be made by biting hard. Most often a dislocation can occur with trauma from the outside of the jaw.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Probably not: However if you are feeling, pain or a change in hour bite, have your Dentist check it out.