Australia

my jaw really hurts and my teeth don't line up properly, my two front top teeth don't line up with my two bottom teeth. could my jaw be dislocated?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
If sudden change: If this was due to a recent injury to your jaw then it might be dislocated. Another possible cause is a misalignment of your temporomandibular joints (tmj). In either case, this would be a sudden change to your bite as if something was suddenly wrong. Whatever the cause, it would be wise on your part to see a dentist asap to evaluate your teeth, occlusion and joints.
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry 12 years experience
Possible: Recent event? You may have an issue with the joint that connects your jaw to your skull called the temporal mandibular joint (TMJ) there is a movable piece of cartilage in the joint that can be dislocated causing pain on opening or closing and make you feel that your teeth are off. Another possibility is fracture if you had recent trauma. See a dentist for further consult.
Dr. Charles Lockhart
Dentistry 9 years experience
Evaluation: Only a visit to a dentist for evaluation can lead to an answer to your question.