U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Grants Pass, OR
A 24-year-old female asked:

I see an allergist yearly and i am on several medicines for my allergies i also get shots.. but i'm still really bad in my noise and eyes should i ask to be seen by an ear nose and throat doctor ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Family Medicine 35 years experience
Allergies: you could see an ENT certainly, but I would recommend since you already see an allergist that you return and see him/her. It appears that yearly is not enough. Your medications and or your immunotherapy needs to be adjusted. You also may need a course of steroids to clear you up so your other medications can work. Sometimes your system just gets too overwhelmed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 14, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.