Over 2 years of sinus pressure in eyes, ears, nose teeth, several doc. visits no answers, last 2 months have had some pounding in neck is this sinus?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 38 years experience
Sounds like spasm: Your symptoms sound like they may be due to spasm of your facial muscles perhaps caused by your bite or clenching/grinding of your teeth. The pounding in your neck could also be from muscle spasm. Do you chew gum? Are you missing teeth? Under a lot of stress? Try a soft diet, antiinflammatory medication and ice to your head and face. See your dentist. Stay away from chewy and crunchy foods.
Dr. David Schleimer
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Would you not rule out chronic sinus problems first, before blaming TMD? 2 years of undiagnosed sinus pressure, ears, nose mentioned first, teeth last. I think an ENT Otorhinolaryngology seems just the specialty to rule out the medical issues and then if no clue, look to TMD, which is often used as a waste dump diagnosis... I know, I have to 2nd OP them all the time.
Feb 26, 2013
Dr. David Astrachan
Provided original answer
Nothing about this patients complaint says anything about sinusitis. No dis colored mucous, no nasal obstruction, no loss of smell.
Feb 26, 2013
Dr. Brett Noorda
Dentistry 26 years experience
Consider your teeth: Neck pain is not due to your sinuses. Throat pain, on the other hand, can be. Either way, with the symptoms you describe, you may want to consider your teeth as a possible cause. Infected teeth and/or grinding/clenching of the teeth can cause the described symptoms. Infected teeth can induce grinding, and visa versa. See a dentist for an exam to see if your teeth may be the cause.

Last updated Jun 23, 2016