Hello doctor, I visited Swaziland over the weekend and had running nose and sneezing, itchy ears, throat and eyes, I now have fever. Should I worry?

Dr. Donald Colantino
60 years experience in Internal Medicine
Virus: This suggests a viral upper respiratory tract infection which usually runs its course in a week. Allergies are unlikely in view of the presence of fever. Treatment consists of resting, drinking adequate fluids,taking acetaminophen for fever. If fever persists or if deep cough with discolored sputum develop, see your physician. Also persistence or worsening of symptoms over a week warrant an exam
Answered on Apr 8, 2018
1
Dr. Aveshen Govender
Specializes in General Practice
There are parts of Swaziland that are malaria ridden areas. If the fever persists it is very important to get a malaria screen done.
Apr 6, 2018