FL

I started taking b6 and b12 and i at same time am ravenously hungry, episodes of lightheaded and a bit irritable, is it the vitamins? is it bad?

Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Holistic Medicine 36 years experience
I don't think so: I believe there must be another reason for your symptoms. By the way there are many possible causes for these symptoms.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 47 years experience
Maybe: B6 is involved in making brain neurotransmitters, serotonin & norepinephrine, so depending on the dose, you may have ramped up production a bit. The maximum daily intake is 100 milligrams/day. Vitamin B12 is important in nerve function as well. The recommended intake is usually cited at 2 to 3 micrograms daily, a little more ok. Try to get these in diet; if supplement, not more than recommended.
Last updated Oct 14, 2014