U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Washington, DC
A 18-year-old female asked:

Went to the water park and burned bottom of my foot it now has a blister about the size of a pencil eraser should i pop it or how else should i treat?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Specializes in Family Medicine
Get some polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin): antibiotic ointment and put it on the blister twice as day. If it pops,continue treatment till it heals
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 14, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.