U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chapel Hill, NC
A 22-year-old female asked:

22y/o f experiencing mild/moderate signs of depression. there are so many types of providers: what kind of therapist/physician etc. should i see?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lois A Freisleben-Cook
Pediatrics 36 years experience
PCP?: If you have a primary care physician who knows you well, start there. Your PCP will be able to evaluate and initiate treatment as well as determine what, if any, other providers you my need.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 8, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.