U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked about a 35-year-old female:

How do i find a therapist or doctor who specializes in treating depression during pregnancy?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Your OB: This condition is very common and i would bet that your OB has a list of experts they can recommend.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Psychiatry 43 years experience
See Psychiatrist: A therapist is not the kind of clinician you are seeking. Make an appointment with your obstetrician, or better yet, a psychiatrist. They are very familiar with diagnosing depression, and the safe and effective treatments available for pregnant women who have a clinical depression. The psychiatrist can then consult with your OB to work together to get you well.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 19-year-old female asked:
I have anxiety and depression. Have a therapist but can't seem to figure out what trigures it?
3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 50-year-old member asked:
Can i overcome anxiety and depression with therapist?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
I think my disability has led me into a depression. Should i try to talk to a therapist?
3 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.