U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Arab, AL
A 47-year-old male asked:

Galvanized nail puncture to leg to the bone , swelling and pain up leg to my knee. what antibiotics do i need?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
ER: I recommend going to the hospital emergency room now for treatment and a tetanus booster may be advisable for such a puncture wound. Don't let an infection go untreated tonight.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.