U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
North Babylon, NY
A 22-year-old female asked:

I have a very small keloid or hypertrophic scar around my earring. if i go to take my earring out and then get the scar cut off will it be gone foreve?

1 doctor answer8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allananswered
Internal Medicine 25 years experience
Can't promise foreve: There are cosmetic surgeons and Keloid specialists who can treat your condition. However some people are prone to getting keloids. If it is a very small keloid you may want to leave it alone.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.