United Kingdom

i have a broken ankle and i am in a cast i have got a bruise near my toes it's little but has just appeared i am on fragmin (dalteparin) for 6 weeks what do i do?

Dr. Moshe Lewis
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 25 years experience
See your doctor: The bruise could be pooled blood from the fracture because gravity causes it to accumulate in your feet. However,as you are on fragmin (dalteparin) any bleeding of concern should be discussed w/your doctor.They can determine the appropriate evaluation & if necessary remove the cast, image and test in the office and replace appropriately. It's important to keep your doctor apprised of bleeding while on Fragmin (dalteparin)
Dr. Jason Rudolph
Orthopedic Surgery 28 years experience
Probably normal: Fractures bleed, this normal ans causes bruising. If you have calf pain, it is an indication to contact your doctor.