i broke my ankle tuesday,cast thursday, returned to work sunday, standing on one leg for 4 hours, and when i got home my toes are bruised and swollen?

Dr. Jocelyn Curry
13 years experience Podiatry
Too much standing : The prolonged standing is causing swelling because the casted leg is immobile. The bruising may be from where your toes are rubbing against the top of the cast. I would suggest that you request a stool or chair at work so that you can elevate your leg. If that is not an option or you cannot be off from work, then you should elevate and put ice behind your knee after work to reduce swelling
Answered on Aug 7, 2014
1