I think i have a inguinal hernia from lifting weights, but i have no bulge, only a bruise like mark on my pelvis, is this normal?what could it be?

Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 33 years experience
How do you know?: If you were told you have a hernia based on a physic exam by a doctor, you probably have one despite the fact you can't see a bulge. Hernias don't cause bruising if the skin unless the herniated abdominal contents are stuck, causing severe unrelenting pain & a hard lump. Best to get an exam by a primary care provider to find out. You're probably ok. Hope this helps!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Exam needed: A bulge in the groin is the hallmark of an inguinal hernia but sometimes it requires a cough or bearing down to see it. A bruise like area could be a vein. It's best to have your physician examine you for diagnosis.
Last updated Sep 24, 2014