MI

I had hydrocele and hernia repair surgery last friday. i've had no pain except normal soreness, but there is still a bulge in my groin. is this normal?

Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 34 years experience
Yes it is Normal: Yes, swelling after groin hernia surgery is common. Okay to ice, apply pressure and rest. Okay to check in with your surgery team. Make a post operative appointment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 47 years experience
Probably healing: Ridge, which will persist for several months. It is a normal part of healing process. Show it to your surgeon just to make sure.
Dr. Michelle Gordon
General Surgery 23 years experience
Probably: As tissue heals, it can become swollen and hard for up to 6 weeks post-operatively. Give it time. Make sure you keep your post-operative appointment.
Last updated Sep 29, 2020