U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Grayslake, IL
A 38-year-old female asked:

ekg showed qtc of 474. pcp said not to worry about prolonged qt syndrome unless over 480.should i be concerned?stress test next week.previous ekgs ok

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Borderline: Your corrected QT interval is borderline, but in medicine, we say, "never buy one of anything." Get several EKGs and see what your QTc is on all of them. Also check your potassium and magnesium since low levels prolong the QTu interval and cause the appearance of a long QT. Finally, if it is prolonged, simply avoid other meds that make it worse. Under 500 ms is mild.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A member asked:

Can stress cause my breast milk to dry up?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sharon Gilliland
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Yes: Major stress can certainly diminish breastmilk supply. However, there are things that can be done to counteract the effects of major stress. Drink tons of water (or other non-caffeinated clear liquid) and use fenugreek, an herbal preparation which helps increase milk supply. Dealing with the stress, itself, will also help -- for instance, counseling, yoga and relaxation exercises.
A 36-year-old member asked:

Is it true that emotional stress can cause a miscarriage?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
No: There's no data to suggest that emotional stress increases miscarriage rate. Many women are stressed at various times, and when a stressed woman miscarries she tends to think it was because of the stress - but there isn't any data to confirm this as a cause. There is really nothing a woman can do or not do to cause a miscarriage, short of taking a pill for medical abortion.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 32-year-old member asked:

What is the difference between the effects of pcp and Benadryl (diphenhydramine) overdoses?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Internal Medicine 57 years experience
PCP: Big difference. Too much Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can make you tired and sleepy and even a lettle confused but angel dust is a lot worse. To see effects go to http://www.Cmcsb.Com/pcpangel.Htm.
A 29-year-old member asked:

Can raynaud's syndrome caused by emotional stress?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bradley Thomas
Vascular Surgery 19 years experience
It can trigger it: Environmental triggers such as exposure to cold is more common. However, stress can also be a trigger and lead to the symptoms of reynauds. If your symptoms are bothering you significantly you should be seen by your doctor. Vascular surgeons, rheumatologists, and many primary care doctors can help you deal with this disorder.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Feb 4, 2016

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.