Mason, OH

if i get a tooth pulled out and get an implant after a year, will my face look the same as how it looked before my extraction?

Dr. John Kong
Dentistry 18 years experience
Yes: Losing one tooth will not affect structures of your face. If it is a front tooth, it will be an esthetic issue when smiling without a replacement tooth.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
It Should: You are replacing the tooth with an artificial root and crown that will be virtually identical.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
No facial change: The problems caused by waiting a year include1) loss of alveolar (tooth supporting) bone necessitating ridge augmentation prior to implant placement, and 2) collapse of adjacent and/or opposing teeth into the extraction space necessitating orthodontic correction.