Omaha, NE

My stools are loose, light tan/yellowish and smell like alcohol and i haven't consumed alcohol recently. what could cause this and do i need to worry?

Dr. Robert Sterling
47 years experience
How Dry You Were: Well, my boy, you've just turned into your own personal distillery! Really. That's what goes on in those intestines (amongst other things): fermentation of the foods ingested. You may be on to something: eat a bunch of malted barley and hops and see what comes out. Or, of course, you may have a minor upset in there that will clear if you change your diet. If it gets worse, see your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 10, 2018