U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 67-year-old male asked:

I have a stricture in the urethra near the bladder sphincter i self catheterize would like to know what sounds to buy if any need your advice?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Krick
Urology 37 years experience
Urethral structure : since you know you have a urethral stricture I assume you have been seen by and evaluated by a urologist in the past. Any regimen involving self dilation of the urethra should certainly be guided by a urologist.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 13, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.